Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

Companion plants

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: Companion plants  (Read 4088 times)

GreenChild

• Seed
    • View Profile
Companion plants
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have been helping my mum and dad with their wonderful veggie gardens and small orchid! It's been going strong for a year (with amazing crops and growth - we are all amazed that the passionfruit gave us fruit only months after planting!)
Now that we have a more establish garden and the "nasties" have become aware of the feasts that can be had, I have noticed them more and more.

What are some great companion plants? I know about marigolds and we have been using them, as well as placing friendly veggies with each other. I guess my question is are there anymore other types of plants that I could plant around the crops that would help deter the nasties?

rosalind

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • supplylinedirect
Re: Companion plants
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been helping my mum and dad with their wonderful veggie gardens and small orchid! It's been going strong for a year (with amazing crops and growth - we are all amazed that the passionfruit gave us fruit only months after planting!)
Now that we have a more establish garden and the "nasties" have become aware of the feasts that can be had, I have noticed them more and more.

What are some great companion plants? I know about marigolds and we have been using them, as well as placing friendly veggies with each other. I guess my question is are there anymore other types of plants that I could plant around the crops that would help deter the nasties?

Well, companion plants are attempt to give natural environment. Some of the best companion plants are Radishes, Annual Herbs, Onions, Chamomile, Coriander and Lovage

LindaJaild

• Sprout
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
Companion plants
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 06:10:39 PM »
I am a bit hesitant about gathering random plants at the beach..

I wouldnt know what I was taking home

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum