Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

Is it too late for my rockmelons

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: Is it too late for my rockmelons  (Read 1514 times)

excessiveswagger

• Seed
    • View Profile
« on: April 09, 2014, 05:20:50 PM »
So I have a major infestation of aphids on my rockmelons. They have not spread to other plants so much as yet so I am seriously considering pulling up the entire plants to save the others (two rockmelons are badly infested). You can see the attached pictures for reference. I can see a small grub there that appears to be one of the natural predators of aphids but they are not plentiful enough as I would like. Is it worth trying to save this plant? I have garlic/chilli spray as well as natrasoap. I tried the natrasoap before but the aphids came back in record time so I don't think it kills the eggs. Will I have more luck with the garlic/chilli? Seems like only a chemical spray will kill the buggers for good but I'd rather avoid them. Is it too late to spray with water or will that still work too?

I was going to leave bicarb/icing sugar out for the ants to stop them helping the aphids and spray them off with water and then use garlic spray. Will the garlic spray kill the aphid predators as well?

LindaJaild

• Sprout
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I would remove it from your tank.

Dave.

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum