Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

Are my plants getting too much sun?

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: Are my plants getting too much sun?  (Read 1019 times)

Tamsin

• Seed
    • View Profile
Are my plants getting too much sun?
« on: December 02, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
Hi everyone,
I moved to North Queensland from England and am finding vegetable growing to be totally different!
I have raised beds with a huge range of vegetables growing, and during our winter everything grew great. Its summer now and the tropical weather seems to be taking its toll. We haven't started the wet season yet but the sun is oppressive. My tomatoes and capsicums (which were in full sun) have had all the leaves go brown and dead. I put a tarp up above them to give some shade in the middle of the day, and the tops of the plants have new green growth, and are even flowering again. But the tomatoes and capsicums that were already on the plants are not ripening. I'm assuming because they are now shaded for most of the day. They want lots of sun I know, but the sun right now is so strong it seems to be killing them!
Should I stick with the shade, or try and find something to provide some dappled shade, or go back to full sun?!
Thanks for the help  :)

ollyoop

• Seed
    • View Profile
Re: Are my plants getting too much sun?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 09:41:40 PM »
hi yes i find in the dry heat kills back a lot of plants I try to plant where they get plenty of sun for the first half of the day but get shaded in the afternoon from about 3pm even if it's just some cheap shade cloth. if the weather forecast is over 38 i put a temperary shade over them all day otherwise they get too much sun and it can take them weeks to recover

AaronTit

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • Expert advisor
Are my plants getting too much sun
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:00:03 AM »
I have like 4 plants in one pot and I plan on getting rid of two of them and I wanna know if I can grow the other two in there or do I grow only one?
I suggest you try this auto trading robot for successful trading

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum