Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

Planting Loquat tree (method)

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: Planting Loquat tree (method)  (Read 2429 times)

Brett

• Seed
  • gday m8
    • View Profile
Planting Loquat tree (method)
« on: October 03, 2012, 04:52:10 PM »
im planting our 4 ft tall loquat tree ive gathered some scoria rocks im tryin to get rid of from the last owner of the property and some beach sand.im goin to use post hole digger to go down half a metre or so then place the scoria,then the sand then add some compost and soil before adding the tree and backfilling.i havent planted fruit trees before so anyone forsee any probs with my plan?...all replies appreciated thnx

David Corkill

• Administrator
  • Seedling
  • I will try to help answer your questions
    • View Profile
Re: Planting Loquat tree (method)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »
Hi Brett, sorry not to reply earlier..

Looks like a good plan. I would be careful about the sides of the hole made by a post hole digger. If they are shiny from turning the digger then rough them up a bit with a crowbar or shovel or else the roots won't get through the sides,

Brett

• Seed
  • gday m8
    • View Profile
Re: Planting Loquat tree (method)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
thnx dave will watch the sides as u say but its a manual posthole digger so prob wont be as shiney as a powered one. your input is important to me,my mrs will be happy to have it in the ground lol,plus when it starts producing ;) ill let you know when there is some to give away ;)

LindaJaild

• Sprout
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
Planting Loquat tree method
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Ive got a seedling tree that came from a Pink Lady apple I was eating.  When I got to the core I noticed that the seeds were sprouting so I tried planting them.  One has survived and is now about 3 ft. tall in my yard.  Looks very healthy and I wondered what to expect from it?  Thanks anybody for any info, Kelly.

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum