Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

Keeping garden healthy

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: Keeping garden healthy  (Read 6783 times)

trobinta

• Seed
    • View Profile
Keeping garden healthy
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:00:43 AM »
I have a 100 litre container that I use to make liquid fertilizer. I have been putting weeds into it with water to kill the seeds and using the liquid around plants and vegies. It does not appear to be much help.

Can you give me a formula of ingredients that will make a good liquid fertilizer.

Would a foliar spray be OK at this time of year

David Corkill

• Administrator
  • Seedling
  • I will try to help answer your questions
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping garden healthy
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 02:50:09 AM »
Comfrey leaves make good liquid fertiliser. The recommended method is to fill the container with leaves then fill with water. You will need quite a bit of comfrey, but if you don't have that much you should get a good enough brew if you use a blend of comfrey and weeds.

Foliar sprays work best when plants are actively growing, which is usually the case at this time of year. On a hot day, apply the spray early in the morning. The rule of thumb is to apply a dilute spray frequently, (weekly or fortnightly) rather than a strong concentrate occasionally.

You could try adding a small amount of a liquid seaweed extract to the spray. It provides trace elements and seems to act as a tonic for plants.

Nettles are good in a liquid fertiliser but I don't expect that you will find any growing at this time of year. I have heard that yarrow and dandelion are also good.

MatthewWilliam

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • landscape architecture sydney
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
Healthy gardens are not a matter of luck. They result from dedication and hard work: staying on top of what needs doing is the best way to keep your garden healthy. Of course, if you enjoy working in your garden you are more likely to put in the effort required to keep it in good condition, so the biggest tip for a healthy garden is: enjoy yourself!

Mog

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • Vegetable Gardens - Vegetable Garden, Gardening Tips, Organic Gardening, Vegetable Gardening
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »
I always find that seaweed emulsion is good for the plants especially when transplanting.

rosalind

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • supplylinedirect
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
Healthy gardens are not a matter of luck. They result from dedication and hard work: staying on top of what needs doing is the best way to keep your garden healthy. Of course, if you enjoy working in your garden you are more likely to put in the effort required to keep it in good condition, so the biggest tip for a healthy garden is: enjoy yourself!

I am agree with MatthewWilliam  saying. Time must be planned to marijuana the lawn. Nothing can mess up the great thing about a garden like an intrusion of undesirable fresh mushrooms. Weeds take up wetness that should be going to the vegetation that you like. They also rob the ground of useful nutritional value.

wilsonsdarrek

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:09 PM »
Well, keeping garden is much necessary for growing healthy plants and making them very clean. Use those kind of fertilizers which maintain the quality as well as the in very good brand etc. I think that should be more necessary to keeping your self very clean to see the everything very clean.

ThomEd

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
If your passion is really gardening then, it would be easier for you to make it look healthy. Everyday you need to put on your effort and time in taking care each of the plants and trees. If you frequently check them, you will easily detect pests which can damage them. Thus, you will be able to prevent pest infestation.

AdzeysGarden

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »
The garden is a living system of inter-connectedness. The more you cater to its needs, the healthier it will be!

LindaJaild

• Sprout
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
Keeping garden healthy
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »
Would it be beneficial to rinse your hair with water before using the coconut oil to seal out the chlorine/seal in the water?

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum