Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

worms worms worms and more worms

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: worms worms worms and more worms  (Read 11760 times)

wormy dude

• Seed
    • View Profile
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:52:59 PM »
Hiya All,

Just a simple question...

I just moved to Adelaide from Melbourne and setting up my sisters organic vegie patch...

We just started a compost bin or two and I am trying to get hold of some compost worms and do not know where to find some in Adelaide.

My networks in Melbourne are good but in Adelaide I know nothing.

I have tried the usual gardening shops, bunnings, mitre 10, etc, but they say they do not stock them because of the heat (they die and turn to mush in their wharehouses)...

So, to the point... Where can I buy compost worms in Adelaide (She lives in Henely Beach)... but I can travel a little ???

Cheers
Rodney Z

David Corkill

• Administrator
  • Seedling
  • I will try to help answer your questions
    • View Profile
Re: worms worms worms and more worms
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 08:29:08 PM »
Welcome to Adelaide.

Tiger worms are sometimes sold live as bait for fishing. They are good compost worms.

In the past I have bought them from fishing supply shops around Port Adelaide. You might want to look through the yellow pages to see who supplies fishing tackle closest to you and see if they have tiger worms.

wormy dude

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:56:54 AM »
Thanks David,

Good suggestion... tried it and it seems to be working. Worms have nultipled since and compost has shrunk considerably.

Cheeers
Rodney

MotherEarthWorms

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
Hiya All,

Just a simple question...

I just moved to Adelaide from Melbourne and setting up my sisters organic vegie patch...

We just started a compost bin or two and I am trying to get hold of some compost worms and do not know where to find some in Adelaide.

My networks in Melbourne are good but in Adelaide I know nothing.

I have tried the usual gardening shops, bunnings, mitre 10, etc, but they say they do not stock them because of the heat (they die and turn to mush in their wharehouses)...

So, to the point... Where can I buy compost worms in Adelaide (She lives in Henely Beach)... but I can travel a little ???

Cheers
Rodney Z

I can post you 1000 worms- 250g for $20 + $10 express overnight postage.
or 1kg for $60 + $20 express post.
johnjeeriswarder@gmail.com

Mog

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • Vegetable Gardens - Vegetable Garden, Gardening Tips, Organic Gardening, Vegetable Gardening
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 03:35:06 PM »
Red tigers can be ordered online...

wilsonsdarrek

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »
I heard about red tigers , but haven't seem yet. I know that there should be much necessary to keeping away from warms. But, also other product is available through online, from where you can get very good products as well.

AdzeysGarden

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »
I love worms, can't get enough of them! I have a bathtub worm farm, 3 of those store bough worm cafes (some were donated) and a compost heap full of them! Somehow it's become a hobby of mine! Who needs children when you have so many little ones to look after?!

modernhealthylifestyle

• Seed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
Tiger worms are very good for an organic sewerage system (toilet) mulch the solids down into a fertilizer for the garden.

www.sustainablehealthylifestyle.com

Lyn

Lynda Dillman

• Seed
  • I like living green and saving the environment.
    • View Profile
    • How To Make A Worm Farm
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 09:26:36 PM »
Most online stores ship all around the US so you can order from them and yellow pages is a good resource as well.
Lynda Dillman is the author of HowToMakeAWormFarm.com which guides you on how to start worming and produce your own compost.

Get my FREE ebook the Worm Farming Manual Here.

LindaJaild

• Sprout
    • View Profile
    • Nothing
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 11:11:05 PM »
Ill take it if I have 2 those worms look very dangerous It looks great just leave it be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum