Forum    Info    Links

Organic Gardening Site

What alternatives are there to spraying Roundup?

Organic Gardening Forum

Author Topic: What alternatives are there to spraying Roundup?  (Read 2883 times)

cathandrick

• Seed
    • View Profile
What alternatives are there to spraying Roundup?
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:27:27 AM »
Please help me with an alternative to toxic sprays! My husband and I recently excavated our sloping block so that we could make it more usable for growing vegies, planting the rest out with Native Australian plants and having a space for us and our two children to enjoy. However after excavating we have had our autumn rain bring a plethora of weeds. The soil is obviously very fertile and weeds are taking over. We have not had a chance yet to plant and my husband (who is not very organic-minded) wants to just spray the whole block which horrifies me. Not only do I have concerns about the environment but also my children will play here and I want to grow organic vegetables too. Does anyone have an idea so that I may deter my husband from going spraying mad? :o

kylieluvsart

• Seed
    • View Profile
Re: What alternatives are there to spraying Roundup?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:31:36 AM »
I am not sure on how you can do the Whole block but we use a mixture of pizza boxes and sugar cane mulch (about 10cm thick) though blackberry vines I am not sure what can kill that as I have a problem with that too.

David Corkill

• Administrator
  • Seedling
  • I will try to help answer your questions
    • View Profile
Re: What alternatives are there to spraying Roundup?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »
Another method you might like to try on smaller soft-leafed weeds is a spray of vinegar.

JeffreySMOFT

• Seed
    • View Profile
    • подарок на  лет мужчине
What alternatives are there to spraying Rou
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 05:34:02 AM »
Im new here and I wanted to start to make my own products. What are your cant live with out recipes?
Подарок на день рождения - материалы раздела   ценный подарок для женщины мешок картошки ...

Copyright © Organic Gardening Forum